Our Policy of Corporate Social Responsibility
In the premise of "the company is also a member of the society", we strongly recognize that it is necessary for ITOCHU Chemical Frontier Corp. to live along together with the society and we believe that we must be responsible of ourselves as a good corporate citizen.
For such purpose, by grasping various stakeholder's the expectation and concern through communication, and by reflecting them into daily business, effort to produce a useful vision and concrete measures are important. We wish to achieve a corporate social responsibility through such process, and to continue being a company supported and trusted by the stakeholder.
We shall promote CSR through the procurement of the products which we can feel safe and relieved by security, as well as by paying attention to the global environment and carrying out energy conservation activity by promoting environment friendly products.
Our Social Action Program
- Through ITOCHU Foundation, we finance business support such as the child library furtherance, administration of the children house, the outdoor education for the purpose of young healthy upbringing.
- As a member of Itochu group, we supported "Borneo Island tropical forest reproduction and conservation program" which is Itochu Corporation’s 150th Anniversary Social Action Program, and number of our employees engaged in local planting work.
- As a member of Itochu group, we participate in the volunteer program for the recovery assistance of the Great East Japan Earthquake. Our employees joined the program and worked on demanded activities in the field including disposal of debris and mud.
- We have donated Potassium Iodide, which is a measure against iodine deficiency disease, to Mongolia for three consecutive years since 2010.
- Our employee did volunteer work at Kumamoto when the Kumamoto Earthquake happened on April 2016.